Sunday, July 20, 2014

Stepping Out

Stepping Out
Hand dyed cottons, silks, and one commercial stripe. Fused to batting and wrapped onto a cradled wood panel.
9x12x1".

The fabric is flying now! I am getting up to the studio early and digging around for pretty colors and diving right in. So much fun for me.

I had been a little burned out, as mentioned, and was hoping that painting would do the trick to get me excited again, which it did, but here is the thing...now that I have found this idea, I feel brand new things will start happening with fabric. But I must put in the work. Imagining is one thing, making it happen is next.
 

I love those tiny X's!

7 comments:

  1. They are beautiful! Glad you got back to fabric.....can quilting be far behind? The quilting just adds the perfect finishing touch....like a strand of pearls to a little black dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you are doing here, and definitely think the painting and collage work you have been doing recently have primed the pump and given you a fresh new perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Such gorgeous colours as well. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy Ireland2:13 PM

    Your work has always excited me, Melody, and I appreciate your commitment to "do the work," or to practice your discipline. The newest pieces look "unfinished" to me as I have always loved the way you use stitch and line in your work. I understand, too, the "burned out" feeling and the renewal of spirit one feels when a new way is discovered. I am on a related journey now, wanting to narrow down my efforts into some channels that I can follow to deepen my art and yet not get bored.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about adding some of the stamping to your fiberwork?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you are doing here, and definitely think the painting. Love this!

    Agen Bola

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fabulous.Its really looking great.I just like this.
    Zarah
    Bizbilla B2B portal

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com