Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Draft Dodger (Simplified)


In the previous version I discovered that the back diamonds needed to be longer and wider than the front, so in this version I added more base stitches to those. The front diamonds are based on 25 stitches and the back diamonds are based on 29. Version one is blogged here.


I also left off the scalloped edge and changed the neckline to a mock turtleneck. And lastly, for the simplified version I used only one yarn throughout.


The neckline is short and stands up nicely keeping away the chill.


The larger back diamonds balance out the shape better.

The Free Pattern is now available here.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the pattern! Those of us still up in Illinois will appreciate the extra warmth to get through the winter.

    Your design is lovely, and I'll be happy to make my own version of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz Armstrong11:19 PM

    Oh you are a dear..I mean it. Who would be so kind as to design the perfect draft dodger, for those of us in the North who are dreading the long winter licking at the back of our necks. Only someone who has lived thru those days. A gazillion thanks to a very thoughtful person who is "the artist and teacher" in residence for many different things.Not only are you good but you share your goodness. Thank you for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the pattern! I'm looking forward to making one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danke, danke, danke!
    I love your pattern and it will be my next project! I only must look for a fine yarn.
    I must tell you that I love all your work. Your quilts are so beautiful. Your colours make me feeling the sun shining in my soul.
    Please excuse my poor english and my mistakes.
    I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:49 AM

    option іn the drop ԁown menu and then enter thee PIN you want to usee in tҺe.
    In the event you beloved this post and ƴoս ԝish to receive mսch
    more information abߋut PSN Cards 50$ free kindly visit оur οwn рage.
    Тhe otheг option that we like iѕ the mօre virtual one whіch іs quicker.



    mу web-site :: psn code generator 100$

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com