Saturday, July 12, 2014

Painted Quilt

Painted Quilt
Acrylic, collage, stamping, ink, on watercolor paper, mounted on cradled wood panel, 12x12x1"
I have now amassed a stash of painted papers and like a good quilter, I wanted to combine them into a composition. There is a tiny bit of color in this one, but since it is a busy image, there seems to be enough going on to get what I want. Adding the stitching marks was just a giggle!
Working in black and white is a bit different than relying on color for impact. One has to be aware of the tremendous strength of the black and white and their dominance. I try to balance the two with gray, and smaller bits of both, while also trying not to make it too dark and brooding, which I believe this one is not.
The scribbly lines I added feel like play.

I've been 'studying' this Pinterest board Art Collage and Mixed Media as a way of learning how to do this stuff. Not that there are rules, but the look is there and I am seeing how powerful a low key composition can be. $100 Email me. SOLD


  1. I really love the work you are doing. So different from your brights but so nicely composed.

  2. Terima kasih atas info yang sangat menarik ini gan =))

    Agen Bola

  3. Indian people discuss with each other about bike review, problems, used bike buying suggestion ,bike care tips, problem solution in various blog, forums website. But in Bangladesh there are no such platform. Then I think to build a website about all Bangladeshi peoples motorcycle related topics.In the year of 2011 about 1,12,723 bike sale in Bangladesh. It’s a growing industry, people now a days prefer bike because of traffic jam & low maintaining cost.After 2 years of research & planning I create this blog. My goal is to help the Bangladeshipeople to get the right knowledge about bike and biking.

    Always ride safely, Happy BikingSee More


So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com